Creating the API key
- Go to opencagedata.com and click the sign-up button in the top right.
- Enter the requested account details , agree to the terms and click the continue button to create your account.
- You will receive an account confirmation email before your account is activated for use. Once received click the “Create My Account” button in the email.
- Once confirmed you’re ready to login at opencagedata.com. Click the Log in button in the header.
- Enter your credentials and click the “Log In” button.
- In the dashboard under the “API Key” section you will see your API key.
- Leave this page open and open a new tab in your browser.
Configuring the API key in RealtyPress
- Login to your websites WordPress admin in the new tab opened in the last step above.
- Go to RealtyPress » General Options » API Keys.
- Copy the API key in your Opencage dashboard to the OpenCage API text input displayed on RealtyPress » General Options » API Keys page.
- Click “Save Changes”.
Testing the key in RealtyPress
- Go to RealtyPress » System » Debug.
- Click the “Test Geocoding” button in the top right of the page.
- Test results will be displayed upon completion.
If your test fails, review the test output to confirm that the key is being applied. If the key is being applied confirm that the key matches the key in your OpenCage dashboard.
Most failed tests will display the reason for the failure in the test output.
If you’re having trouble configuring your API key submit support ticket through your https://realtypress.ca account.